If your FTP program is not connecting properly, here are some possible reasons:
- Make sure you’re using SFTP (Secure FTP), and not the old and insecure FTP.
- Make sure you use port
1022, many SFTP programs use port
- Make sure your username and password are the same as your host emails
- username and password (unless you have changed your password).
- You firewall could be blocking the connection
- Make sure you have the server(host) from your host email for host name(+
- Some FTP programs require a path in order to connect. Your path would be in the host mail.