If your FTP program is not connecting properly, here are some possible reasons:
- Make sure you’re using SFTP (Secure FTP), and not the old and insecure FTP.
- Make sure you use port
1022, many SFTP programs use port
- Make sure your username and password are the same as your host emails username and password (unless you have changed your password).
- Your firewall could be blocking the connection.
- Make sure you have the server(host) from your host email for host name(+
- Some FTP programs require a path in order to connect. Your path would be in the host mail.
Servebolt Control Panel SFTP Information
In our Control Panel of your site you will find the “SERVER LOGIN INFORMATION“. This is where you find the credentials used to login using SFTP or even SSH. Here is an example of credentials you have to fill in your FTP program:
Give us your feedback on this article
Did this help you?
We have launched in the UK! 🇬🇧
Servebolt Cloud UK is now available to all clients. Our London data center will ensure that all clients with their majority of visitors in the UK experience extremely fast websites!