- Make an SSH key on the Bolt you’re moving to.
If you don’t know how to, please contact the Servebolt Support Team on our on site chat.
- Add the public key from your Servebolt Bolt to Siteground.
You can find the public key in ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
- Generate SSH key on the host you’re moving to
Read the article about how to make a key pair here
- If you don’t know how to use SSH (terminal command line on the server) please contact our Support Team via Chat or email. We can make one for you. When you receive the public key from the Servebolt team, please move to step 2.
- Log into your cPanel on Siteground and click on the SSH/Shell Access button
Add the public key from your Servebolt site.
Under Upload SSH key, paste the public key from your Servebolt site.
You can optionally add the IP of the server you’re moving to in the IP field, but that’s not required.
Ensure that the key is added.
Check that the key is added under “Manage Current Keys”.
Go back to the cPanel dashboard and click on the FTP Accounts button.
Locate and note down your username.
Go back to dashboard and locate the hostname.
Send the details to the Support Team by filling out the migration form.
Fill out this migration form to have the Support Team migrate/set up your test for you, free of charge. It’s important that you send the username and the hostname to the Support Team.
Want to set up the test yourself? Please read our article about our sitecopy script.
When connecting to Siteground host with SSH:
Host name – enter the host/IP of the server to which you wish to connect (e.g. siteground300.com)
Port – the port for the connection – use 18765
ssh [email protected] -p 18765
Give us your feedback on this article
Did this help you?
Servebolt has launched Accelerated Domains!
Accelerated Domains is a service that greatly improves and optimizes your site on these four areas: Performance, Scalability, Security and the Carbon footprint of your website.